Saturday, February 25, 2012

Bob - Aggro at Rarity: White Uncommon



Personally I think the taxation to counter ability can go in any color, much like the rhystic cards from prophecy. I'm still unsure if it's properly balanced, however the way I costed the ability was based off of the average mana spent on a removal spell for a creature (including counter spells), weighted by attempting to make the card powerful in the first turn or two, and occasionally decent later on in the game.

While not a top down design card, thematically, I wanted to portray a knight being attacked/ambushed on her way to the field of battle.

2 comments:

  1. Most Rhystic spells are bad most of the time. This card is really good turn one and maybe two and horrible the rest of the game. No one plays Rhystic Tutor because of the same issue. I thought about changing it to counter this spell or this ability, but then you have so many triggers on the stack and I hate that online (F***ing Masks Block!). What you could do is make the cost on the counter different, like discard a land card or an opponent may have you gain 5 life. You want the player to make a choice instead of just saying "I guess I'll pay 2."

    ReplyDelete