Saturday, February 25, 2012

Bob - LoL Card of the Day #3: Tryndamere


I wanted Tryndamere to have this awesome, end game, pumped up feeling that fed Trynds get during a game of League of Legends. However, good Trynds need be fed, and that either comes from farming or killing, so I gave him two abilities to generate Fury counters. His activated ability is his in game ultimate, which when activated also gives him fury so he can crit more or use it for healing (an ability that was left off of the card, as regen & indestructible accomplish similar goals). This card is also the first to use Fury counters, which will be a running mechanic through some of the fighters, which will have other cards that work with it mechanically.

3 comments:

  1. I think the fury counter count needs to be higher, cause on the next turn you have an indestructible double-striker... I would say that It should be 5 because then you need a minimum of two turns to get him insane. Trynd takes time to I think he should get insane accordingly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have to say that the lack of a real creature types really bugs me. When a card can't fit into the magic meta it is hard for me to judge how it will be played. When it comes to legendary creatures, creature type tends to be the least flavorful and most strait forward part of the card as what it does is flavorful. Creature types are there for function only where this one isn't functional. Enough of me ranting about that...

    I agree 5 counter, but more over, the last ability should only be once each turn. Strange as it sounds, I think you could reduce the casting cost to 3GG as it just starts as a plain 4/3 (roughly).

    ReplyDelete